The 30th December Government announcement on tier changes affects play at our club in the following ways. The new tiers come in from 31st December 2020.
- The courts themselves are moving from tier 2 to tier 3 area (Bromsgrove District Council).
- However, several surrounding areas (e.g. Birmingham and Solihull) are moving into tier 4 and of course some of our members live in these areas.
- There is a clear directive, confirmed by the LTA, that people should not move into or out of tier 4 areas to play tennis. Unfortunately, this makes the club inaccessible to those in tier 4. [Even if the club was in a tier 4 area as well, play would be restricted to singles unless all players were in the same household].
- If you live in a tier 3 area, it is still possible to play tennis at the club – singles or doubles – subject to keeping to the current rules around social distancing, hygiene measures and no more than six people on a court. The Clubhouse remains for court access and toilets only and there should be no socialising. The normal club evenings and Sunday afternoons will therefore continue for now for members in tier 3.
- Please make sure you keep writing your name on the log sheet to assist with the NHS Test and Trace service.
- Please make sure you use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Please make sure you spray all social club tennis balls with the disinfectant provided.
- Please make sure you keep to the social distancing guidelines.
As ever, we hope these restrictions will not be in place for too long and that we will all be able to enjoy tennis again soon.
Stay safe and take care,